So I love lists. For everything! If you do too, get the APP Wunderlist. It’s great. Anyways, here is a list of important things I have identified that you need to know or to have when you travel to Honduras:
- Your yellow fever card, you may be asked for it (at the airport, by migration or airlines).
- Exit tax: approx. 39$ USD. You can pay with your credit card at the airport. As of December 2014, this tax should be included in the purchase of your flight.
- Exchange rate as of Apr.9th.2015: 1US$=21.87LEMP
- In Utila, you are better off paying in Lempiras, not in dollars. Exchange your money near Munchies, they guy is called Arnie, he has the best rates on the island.
- If your dive log book is running short on pages, bring an extra one. The only ones you can buy in Utila are big binders and a little pricy
Did I forget anything? Anyone who has traveled to Honduras, please add in the comments anything you found essential to know/bring to Honduras!