I have been mainly posting sweets and breakfast recipes on here… So today, I decided to change that trend.
I know there has been a whole thrill with the healthy bowls… I haven’t made many, but let’s face it, they are not only delicious… but oh so pretty! ahah.
Sometimes, you can just grab whatever is at hand and create something beautifully delicious, like this “Green Goddess Quinoa Bowl” for instance. Oh and its a hot bowl and I love it!
Here is what you need:
- half an avocado
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 artichoke heart (cooked and diced)
- 1/2 leek
- 1-2 handful of chopped spinach
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves
- coconut oil (or other oil of preference)
- 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt
- Heat oil in a pot and cook the leek until soft.
- Add in the turmeric and minced garlic. Once the garlic is golden, add in the chopped spinach.
- When the spinach has reduced, add in the quinoa to heat it. Mix well so the flavours blend together.
- Put the quinoa and veggies into a bowl and top with lime juice, avocado, artichoke, yogurt and sprouts.