It’s funny because people seem to think that making your own granola is much more complicated than it actually is.
However, it is healthier than any store bought granola and you can add in whatever you like!
So here is an easy granola you can make at home:
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup flaxseed
1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven at 350F/176C.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Melt the coconut oil and then mix in the maple syrup an almond extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Place the granola on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then mix the granola and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Enjoy with your favourite fruits, yogurt, milk, pancakes, etc!