I sometimes get the craving for something sweet… but being the healthy girl that I am, it’s never a craving for a chocolate cake packed with icing. So, in order to satisfy my sweet tooth, I try to find healthy, nutritious food.
These delicious almond coconut energy balls take less than 10 minutes to prepare and are delicious! They are naturally sweetened by the dates, and you can also try it with different nuts (cashews, pecans, pistachios etc). Make sure to remove the dates’ pits before!
1/3 cup almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp water
- Using a food processor, pulsate the almonds.
- Add 1/4 cup shredded coconut and the remaining ingredients and process until the nuts and dates are blended in.
- With your hands or a spoon, scoop the mixture and shape the energy balls.
- You can use the other 1/4 cup of shredded coconut to roll the ball in and cover with coconut (this step is optional, depends how much you love coconut!)
- Refrigerate for an hour (or more)
- Keep refrigerated in a sealed container for up to a week.