As you drive through the winding highway and approach the highlands of Sri Lanka, all you see left and right are endless fields of tea.
So we decided to visit a tea factory and plantation and learn more about the drink many of us love. Here are some fun facts about tea:
– Black, green, and white tea all come from the same plant.
– Plants can be as old as 60 years.
– if the plants were not cut every 5 years or so, they would grow to be 10m trees!
– Black tea is the only one that is fermented through oxydization.
– White tea is sundried.
– Tea leaves are sorted by size and colour. The small the tea, the stronger the taste.
1 thought on “In tea land!”
Good stuff Dan